On 02/07/2018 09:10 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
Hi everyone,
we are happy to announce that a repository containing all the oi-userland packages built with gcc 6.4.0 is now available for testing.

The repository is located at:

http://pkg.openindiana.org/gcc-6/

It is synchronized with the latest oi-userland bits and contains some minor updates.
While these packages have been tested for a few weeks now, be aware that the repository should be used for evaluation only (not in production).

Note that illumos-gate is still built with illumos-gcc 4.4.4.

To test this repository, we recommend that you create a new Boot Environment (BE) and update manually this newly created BE.

Assume the right credentials using sudo, or pfexec if you have Software Installation profile: you need to add sudo or pfexec before each of the following command lines.

$ beadm create 20180207-gcc6

with '20180207-gcc6' an arbitrary BE name.

$ beadm mount 20180207-gcc6
Mounted successfully on: '/tmp/tmp.7mayXC'

with '/tmp/tmp.7mayXC' the mountpoint of the new BE.

Add the gcc-6 repository to the list of publishers and set as preferred:

$ pkg -R /tmp/tmp.7mayXC set-publisher -P -O http://pkg.openindiana.org/gcc-6/ userland

$ pkg -R /tmp/tmp.7mayXC set-publisher --non-sticky --disable openindiana.org

$ pkg -R /tmp/tmp.7mayXC publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
userland                    origin   online F http://pkg.openindiana.org/gcc-6/
openindiana.org (non-sticky, disabled) origin   online F http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/

Finally you can update the new BE:

$ pkg -R /tmp/tmp.7mayXC update -v

Be aware that the update can make up to 3GB of data.

The created BE can be chosen manually at the next reboot, or activated using:

$ beadm activate 20180207-gcc6

Please report any package dependency issue that may arise.

Happy testing!

Aurélien

Hi everyone and thanks Aurélien, Alp et al. for making this happen!

I added support for additional repository to our openQA tests and updated several images which had default installation of Live, Server, and Minimal variants from last three releases. Although I haven't found any dependency issues, four of the seven updates failed shortly after reboot to the new BE (which got created automatically as part of the update process).

Live and Server variants of 20161030 release failed with: "Unexpected trap. Unexpected trap. Nested trap." (See the red-framed screen in each job run for the error message; other screens and video in "Logs & Assets" might be helpful too.)

Live and Server variants of 20170502 release failed with:

krtld: error during initial load/link phase
krtld could neither locate nor resolve symbols for:
    /platform/i86pc/kernel/amd64/unix
in the boot archive. Please verify that this file
matches what is found in the boot archive.
You may need to boot using the Solaris failsafe to fix this.

All variants of the 20171031 release passes just fine: Live, Server, Minimal.

You can reproduce it by downloading the QCOW2 image from "Logs & Assets" of a respective job and starting it on Linux KVM (I use QEMU 2.11.0) via:

    qemu-img create -f qcow2 OI-20170502-Server.qcow2 -b openindiana-hipster-x86_64-20170502-Server@64bit.qcow2

    /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -soundhw ac97 -vga cirrus -global isa-fdc.driveA= -m 3072 -cpu qemu64,+xsave -netdev user,id=qanet0 -device virtio-net,netdev=qanet0,mac=52:54:00:12:34:56 -device virtio-blk,drive=hd1,serial=1 -drive file=OI-20170502-Server.qcow2,cache=unsafe,if=none,id=hd1,format=qcow2 -boot order=c -device usb-ehci -device usb-tablet -smp 1 -enable-kvm

OS credentials:
    User: robot
    User password: nots3cr3t (root via sudo is password-less)

Michal