These are my publishers:

    # pkg publisher
    PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
    oi-userland                 origin   online F
file:///export/home/mills/Downloads/code/oi-userland/sparc/repo/
    v9os           (non-sticky) origin   online F file:///data/ips/

I just published all of illumos-gate to the oi-userland repository.
There are now two copies of the
consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation package.  This is the
installed one:

    # pkg info consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation
              Name: consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation
                    consolidation.
             State: Installed
         Publisher: v9os
           Version: 0.5.11
            Branch: 0.151100
    Packaging Date: Wed Jul 27 07:12:37 2016
              Size: 0.00 B
              FMRI:
pkg://v9os/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation@0.5.11-0.151100:20160727T071237Z

This is the new one:

    # pkg info -r consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation
              Name: consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation
                    consolidation.
             State: Not installed
         Publisher: oi-userland
           Version: 0.5.11
            Branch: 2018.0.0.0
    Packaging Date: Sun Jun 23 22:35:19 2019
              Size: 0.00 B
              FMRI:
pkg://oi-userland/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation@0.5.11-2018.0.0.0:20190623T223519Z

I expected that `pkg update -nv' would offer to remove the installed
incorporation and replace all of the old illumos-gate packages, over
200 of them, with the new illumos-gate packages.  It didn't do that.
It did report that it would replace ten packages from the v9os
publisher with newer versions from the oi-userland publisher, but this
list didn't include any of the illumos-gate packages.

When I tried to remove the incorporation with pkg, I got this result:

    # pkg uninstall -nv consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation
    Creating Plan (Solver setup): -
    pkg uninstall: Unable to remove
'consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation@0.5.11-0.151100' due to the following
packages that depend on it:
      SUNWcs@0.5.11-0.151100
      SUNWcsd@0.5.11-0.151100
      compatibility/ucb@0.5.11-0.151100
      developer/astdev@0.5.11-0.151100
      system/zones@0.5.11-0.151100
      system/zones/internal@0.5.11-0.151100
      text/doctools@0.5.11-0.151100
      text/locale@0.5.11-0.151100

Have I run into a dead end, or is there a way out of this dilemma?

--
-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-