On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 03:03:57PM +0000, Andy Fiddaman wrote:
> On Sat, 9 May 2020, Gary Mills wrote:
>
> ; That's the change that caused the problem.  The first line becomes
> ; only a comment when the file is interpreted by python.  Removing that
> ; option string would solve the problem in a simpler way.  I wonder why
> ; it was ever put there?  I see that it was added to all of the pkg
> ; scripts.  I wonder why?
>
> The associated commit message is:
>
>   29453498 pkg should ignore Python ENV and not import from site-packages
>
> so presumably for a more consistent environment when running pkg tools.

So, that's it.  Thanks for the information.  I understand also that
the pkg tools are part of a separate consolidation, neither OI nor
illumos.

In OI, we have an example of the breakage caused by this change,
although it's only in the pkglint command.  The pkglint man page says:

       -f config_file

           Configure the pkglint session using the config_file configuration
           file.
and:

       pkglint.ext.*

           The plugin mechanism of pkglint allows for additional lint modules
           to be added at runtime. Any key that starts with pkglint.ext. takes
           a value that must be a fully-specified Python module. See the
           "Developers" section for more information.

Is there any way in the pkglint rc file to specify the location of the
additional module?  What is a fully-specified Python module anyway?
I'm not familiar with Python.

If not, the best solution would be to install the OI pkglint module
into the standard location for Python 3.5 .  We would need to create a
developer package to contain the pkglint.userland module.  This may be
the best solution in all cases.

--
-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-