Am 07.02.21 um 14:09 schrieb Aurélien Larcher:

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 1:21 PM Andreas Wacknitz <a.wackn...@gmx.de
<mailto:a.wackn...@gmx.de>> wrote:

    Am 06.02.21 um 21:56 schrieb Aurélien Larcher:

    OpenSSL 1.1 is now merged:

    1. The mediator is default set to 1.0 but can be safely set to 1.1.
    2. illumos-gate is patched to accept library/security/openssl-11
    as dependency so that it builds when the mediator version is 1.1.
    3. oi-userland has now a switch USE_OPENSSL10=yes or
    USE_OPENSSL11=yes which should be placed before shared-macros.mk
    <http://shared-macros.mk> is included.
    4. If 'gmake update' is executed in a component depending on
    OpenSSL then the switch is made to OpenSSL 1.1 unless
    USE_OPENSSL10=yes is set.

    Now the fun begins:

        3. Move all the components supporting OpenSSL 1.1 or update
        them.
        4. Deprecate possible rotting components which cannot be
        updated and may cause security issues.

    and... the more, the merrier!

    Cheers

    Hi,

    do we have a problem with missing engine files in the openssl-11
    package?

    ╰─➤  cat /usr/openssl/1.1/lib/pkgconfig/libcrypto.pc
    prefix=/usr/openssl/1.1
    exec_prefix=${prefix}
    libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib/
    includedir=${prefix}/include
    enginesdir=${libdir}/engines-1.1

    Name: OpenSSL-libcrypto
    Version: 1.1.1i
    Libs: -L${libdir} -lcrypto
    Libs.private: -lsocket -lnsl -ldl -pthread
    Cflags: -I${includedir}

    So, libcrypto.pc states that there shall be
    /usr/openssl/1.1/lib/engine files but there aren't any (same for
    64-bit):

It seems like they did not bother to remove the enginesdir variable
from the .pc file if engines are not built...

We could ship an empty directory or patch the .pc files but if you
think that it is better to ship the engines we can do that also.
I do not really know who consumes them...

I don't know, too. But letting a .pc file pointing to something
non-existing is the worst way imo.
Best would probably be to ship them where they are expected.

Andreas