On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 03:18:29PM +0200, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> I do not understand the need for obsoleting the entire package and removing
> all the files instead of updating on the go.
>
> Could you explain the motivation?

There is no particular need.  It is just simpler to obsolete than to
update.  And since there is no known consumer, then the obsoletion is
the obvious option chosen.

> To me this seems a bit of overhead, like removing the mkdocs, cython, numpy
> packages completely from the tree instead of updating them.

Feel free to create PRs to get them back.

> We therefore lose track of what was in the tree and people may start from
> scratch all over again.
>
> Maybe you intend to provide some level of automation later?

Maybe.  If I find it easy to do I'll do so, but I've no immediate plan
to do so.

> An earlier heads-up before starting to remove everything could have been
> nice to have a chance to update a few components in advance and avoid the
> mumbo-jumbo.

Sorry.  I try to do my best.  Nothing is perfect.

Anyway, an earlier update/rebuild of those packages for non-EOLed python
would be nice from you before you left them fall out of support and be
surprised that they are disappearing.

Sorry, talking is easy.

Thank you.