On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Larry Gritz <l...@larrygritz.com> wrote:

> An excellent point.  I'm quite happy to just live with the advice of "if
> you want to composite a weird 4-channel spectral image, it's your
> responsibility to affix an alpha channel and label it correctly."

+1. I didn't think of this obvious solution. Users can always add a proper
alpha channel if the 4-channel assumption does them wrong.

And, I'm sorry for bringing up CMYK. It only occurred to me as a real
example of a 4-channel image image without alpha. I have no need, nor
particular desire for CMYK to be supported.

--jono