> Side note:  If we have TiledIterator, should we make it part of the
> interface that Iterator visits pixels in scanline order?  If not, there
> doesn't seem much merit in even having a distinction.

Sorry about the late reply, I assumed this was more directed at the devs as
a group rather than at me and I was hoping someone else would chime in on
the issue. I don't know of all the ways an iterator might be used: I've
been focusing mostly on just retrieving data. For this reason, I was wary
of changing the behavior of Iterator, and instead just gave the option of
using TiledIterator in situations where we know it will be useful and
correct.

I suppose if one wanted to stream pixel data scanline would be the natural
way to do it, and by using an iterator that gives me that scanline order, I
don't have to worry about creating a (potentially very large) temporary
buffer. Another thing is clamping the iteration range to the image. Right
now TiledIterator always clamps, whereas Iterator gives the option to not -
in what situations would I want to not clamp; and is there a consistent way
to go beyond image bounds and still keep the concept of iterating by tile?

Brent