My bad, I think the reset line,

    buf.reset ("myrawfile.cr2", config=cfg)

will work if instead you write:

    buf.reset ("myrawfile.cr2", 0, 0, cfg)

I think I neglected to add the right instructions to let it understand the
default arguments and parameter names. I'll submit a separate patch for that.

I'm not sure I understand your comment about maximum_thr and camera_matrix --
do you mean "they seem to work, but my example doesn't use them so I haven't
tested it thoroughly", or do you mean "my example uses them, but I see no
behavior change when I adjust them, so I suspect they are not working properly?"