Hi all,

New around here, even thou I worked with oiio occasionally over the last
years, but I'am kinda stuck.
Someone asked almost the same question a while ago (
http://lists.openimageio.org/pipermail/oiio-dev-openimageio.org/2016-December/000832.html
) and the bottom line was

> You can't "get an ImageBuf from an ImageInput", but you shouldn't need to

So it means I am probably doing something wrong:

I am generating jpeg previews from hundreds of textures (exr, tx ...) and
this is painfully slow (the process is bound by network, as reading a 200mb
texture from the server is 10 times slower than doing the resizing.

Since most of these textures have already been mipmapped, I would like to
only load the 512*512 mipmap level and write it back. But from what I
understood only ImageInput allows you choose what to load.
If I read all pixels from the ImageInput then "manually" create an ImageBuf
from it (requiring an extra numpy convert of the data) it works but feel  a
bit convoluted.

Is there a better way to do this ?

Cheers,

--

Alexis Prayez

--

41 rue de l'Echiquier - 75010 PARIS
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41+rue+%C3%A9chiqiuer+75010>

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
contain confidential or privileged information.
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s)
is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender and destroy all copies
of this message and any attachments from your system.