What you need to do, is create a class-descriptor that describes "Object",
and all it's persistent derivative objects.   Then OIDs are unique across
the whole system, and more imporantly when you load an Object.class with
OID 5, it will know it has to look at all the tables to find it.

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           battjt          |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           ign.net>        |
|         |                           |
|         |           05/28/2003 03:27|
|         |           PM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to "OJB Users   |
|         |           List"           |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

  |        To:      OJB Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                         |
  |        cc:
                                                              |
  |        Subject: Re: global oid

Then how do I convert '5' into an object?  Don't I still need to use a
org.apache.ojb.broker.Identity? How do I allocate an Identity if I don't
know the class?

Joe

Lance Eason wrote:

>Just add an attribute "globalSequenceId" with a value of "true" to the
entry for the sequence manager in your repository file.

>        <sequence-manager className
="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl">