Thomas,

I'v been using OJB for years now and it is the first time that I get it.
Maybe my provider changed something, i will check that out. My descriptor
looks like this for quite a while now :

    <!-- this connection was used as the default one within OJB -->
    <jdbc-connection-descriptor
           jcd-alias="databaseMySQL"
           default-connection="true"
           platform="MySQL"
           jdbc-level="2.0"
           driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
           protocol="jdbc"
           subprotocol="mysql"
           dbalias="//localhost/***********"
           username="root"
           password="root"
        eager-release="false"
           batch-mode="false"
        useAutoCommit="1"
        ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"

        <connection-pool
            maxActive="21"
            minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="3600000"
            numTestsPerEvictionRun="21"
            testWhileIdle="true"
            timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="3600000"
            whenExhaustedAction="2"
        />

        <sequence-manager className="
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl">
            <attribute attribute-name="grabSize" attribute-value="20"/>
            <attribute attribute-name="autoNaming" attribute-value="true"/>
            <attribute attribute-name="globalSequenceId"
attribute-value="false"/>
            <attribute attribute-name="globalSequenceStart"
attribute-value="10000"/>
        </sequence-manager>

   </jdbc-connection-descriptor>