On 1 July 2010 09:18, David Jones <[email protected]> wrote: > Just read Ben Goldacre's post: > http://www.badscience.net/2010/06/nullius-in-verba-in-verba-nullius/ > > His article was about the analysis he was, or was not, able to do as a > result of AAA mortality data being published. > > He concludes: "Open data – people posting their data freely for all to > re-analyse – is the big hip new zeitgeist, and a vitally important new > idea. But I was surprised to find that the thing I’ve advocated for > wasn’t enough: open data is sometimes no use unless we also have open > methods."
All too true (though note I would normally imagine open data, or at least decent open data, include a proper README -- and that README could be the relevant code that computed data). > I think it's worth asking him if you can republish his article on the okfn > blog. Indeed. Would you be up for sending him an email on the OKF blog's behalf :) Rufus _______________________________________________ okfn-discuss mailing list [email protected] http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss
