On 12 July 2010 06:40, Peter Murray-Rust <[email protected]> wrote:

> So I currently suggest OKFTheses or OKTheses to avoid the name clash, but
> that's just a start.
>

Longer term, I think the name should be something that universities would
want to boast about working with, so I'd avoid acronyms that people won't
recognise. What about something along the lines of 'Shared Theses Project'
or 'Free Theses Project'.

In terms of priorities, from my own experience, getting a set of
'principles' across to universities is important part, rather than the
technical matter of indexing metadata. This is the rather confused
boilerplate text that my university currently uses (apologies to
open-science listmembers who've already seen it):

*This electronic thesis is protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents
Act 1988.
No reproduction is permitted without consent of the author. It is also
protected by
the Creative Commons Licence allowing Attributions-Non-commercial-No
derivatives.
*
Thomas
_______________________________________________
okfn-discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-discuss

Reply via email to