On 30 October 2010 14:31, print.crimes <[email protected]> wrote: > On 28/10/2010 12:00, [email protected] wrote: [...]
>> PostGIS is the gold standard here, really. There's also a new wave of >> spatial extensions to NoSQL stores which, if you're into the fun of the >> learning experience, would be worth looking into. >> GeoCouch for couchdb: >> >> http://vmx.cx/cgi-bin/blog/index.cgi/geocouch-the-future-is-now:2010-05-03:en,CouchDB,Python,Erlang,geo >> MongoDB geospatial indexing: >> http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Geospatial+Indexing >> > I've been looking at Couch so that gives me plenty to work with and learn > once I'm up to speed in the area. Interesting. I've been playing around with couchdb again quite a lot recently, specifically with aim of moving the annotator system (and commentonit) to use couchdb backend -- i'm also experimenting with couchapp stuff for commentonit (latest code [1]). (I also used mongo for the coins db work with where does my money). Rufus [1]: http://knowledgeforge.net/okfn/commentonit _______________________________________________ okfn-help mailing list [email protected] http://lists.okfn.org/mailman/listinfo/okfn-help
