aacid added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7714#144118, @rkflx wrote:

  > Thanks for picking up old reviewboard requests.

  It's what being the defacto maitainer means

  > I like the feature in general, it is standard in a lot of applications
today.

  > But to make it easier to use, users should not relearn the UI they are
already familiar with. This is what Dolphin currently provides vs. the patch:

F3903701: okular-tab-quit.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F3903701> |

  > Besides the relearning aspect, I find the dialog in Dolphin preferable
because of the following properties:

  > - Explicit actions on the buttons instead of ambiguous Yes/No which
requires reading of the explanation.

  What part of "Are you sure you want to quit" Yes/No you find ambiguous?

  > - Slightly better wording ("you have...open in this window" vs. "you have
tabs.").

  This has nothing to do with "this window", it's about the application itself
being closed.

  > - Warning icon instead of information icon.

  Why is warning better? IMO Warning is for "you better pay attention answering
here because if not something will be very wrong", nothing will happen if you
answer wrong that question, worse case scenario you have to reopen some files.

  > - Standard do-not-ask-again message instead of custom message (also, "when
closing more than one tab" does not correspond directly to the "quit" action
the user initiated and thus might be confusing, as you cannot close e.g. 4 out
of 5 tabs).

  Do not ask again is not what you want. Because if you say "No" and "Do not
ask again" suddently you're fucked and you can't quit. That's why firefox
wording that i copied is much better

  > - Third button with the correct action for those of us hitting [Ctrl] + [Q]
while we meant [Ctrl] + [W].

  You press esc and then Ctrl+W ;)

  > - (Okular's dialog title is better, though.)
  >
  >   Thus, I would prefer something akin to the Dolphin dialog being
implemented in Okular.

  Sorry i don't see any major benefit in Dolphin's dialog.

  > Lastly, Dolphin has a way to reset the warning status in the settings, is
there any way to reset it in Okular too?

  No, but that doesn't have anything to do with this, we have multiple "don't
ask me again" already, so this can't be a blocker. You're welcome to implement
that.

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

REVISION DETAIL