aacid added a comment.

  After having a second look it does indeed have a noticeable delay for pdf
that render *very* fast, with this patch you can see the empty page while
without it you always see the rendered page (it also renders twice but since
it's so fast you don't really see it).

  Ideally here the solution is page rendering cancellation when you see that
the viewport area has changed, but that's not easily acomplishable either.

  Or knowing when the "window is opening/maximizing" resizes have ended, but as
far as i know that's not possible.

  So as far as i see it,  we have to decide whether we want to live with double
repaints on opening a file at the same time than opening okular (files after
okular is open don't suffer this) or with adding extra delay for all files.
Double repaint only really looks bad with tiled rendering, otherwise it's
"acceptable" (even if a waste or resources)

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D8838