rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Would not it end with having #ifdefs scattered all over the QApplication
anyway?

  No, none of the Qt APIs you're using are Mac-specific, they just do nothing
on other platforms (you won't get any QFileOpen events). Not using #ifdefs also
means that if ever Qt extends the API to other platforms (MS Windows, for
instance) Okular will leverage it without further changes.

  I haven't looked in detail at the additional goodies you added compared to my
bare-bones implementation; could it have or be given a more general interest?

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D11074