> However, it subsequently occurred to me that, to cater
> for errors or misunderstandings in merging, a facility
> is also needed to transfer works between authors and
> editions between works.

This is a brilliant idea. Right now, moving works between authors is difficult.
For example, this morning I am working on Charles Lamb, and I have had to
rename the fighter pilot Charles Lamb so I can move his works that got caught
up in the essayist Charles Lamb to him. There are so many Charles Lambs that he
doesn't appear on the author drop-down list. When I am done moving his works to
him, I will have to change his name back to just "Charles Lamb". To make
matters worse, the bot that makes these changes is slow right now, so even
though I changed the author's name last night, I had to wait until this morning
for the change to go through so I could gather his works together.

Just going to point out: the fighter pilot Charles Lamb only wrote the one
book. All these editions I am gathering are the same work, and several are even
the same edition. Sure wish I could merge these together to reflect that there
really is only one work for this author. ;-)

Sarah