Amazon has announced acquisition of Goodreads.

What are the implications of this for Open Library - specifically the huge
library of book reviews and the user community (16 million) around
Goodreads and 23 million reviews.

Is there a strategy to attract a significant number of these people to
participate in OL in addition to or instead of Goodreads?

I know when I have asked specific reviewers for permission to quote their
review the most common response is that they do not want to have their
reviews sponsoring a commercial enterprise - specifically my site of Civil
War books for sale.

On the other hand, I think the submission of a review of a book cover to
OL specifically means that anyone can use it in any way they want.

John Rigdon
www.researchonline.net