On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Karen Coyle <kco...@kcoyle.net> wrote:

> Yes, something is broken. Actually, it may be more than one thing. I
> went to the author search and saw two authors:
>    http://openlibrary.org/search/authors?q=barbara+delinsky
>
> When I click on the top one, it takes me to the Clive Cussler page. So
> this author is re-directing to Clive Cussler for some reason.

It looks like there was a bad merge back in July.

> I do not know how to fix this. Anyone?

I reverted to the previous version of the two author records (Barbara
Delinsky & Clive Cussler) which fixed the author records, but all of here
books are still linked to him (e.g.
http://openlibrary.org/works/OL166398W/Lake_News).  According to the
(stale) search index, there are 212 of them, so I think it's time to get
Anand involved to reverse the merge unless someone has a lot of energy.

We should probably add some type of "Undo merge" tool to the ToDo list.
 The id of the merge is 47605678
from 2013-07-12 by /people/bboretsky.  The other author merge is the same
merge has a completely different name
http://openlibrary.org/authors/OL581593A?v=1 and the merge was the first
and only action by this account, so seems like malicious behavior to me.

Tom