From: Ol-tech <ol-tech-boun...@archive.org> on behalf of Tom Morris
<tfmor...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 2:16 PM
To: Open Library -- technical discussion
Subject: Re: [ol-tech] API response limiter

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Andy Lechlak
<andy.lech...@toledolibrary.org<mailto:andy.lech...@toledolibrary.org>> wrote:

Has anyone successfully got a limiter in the API results from Open Library? We
are working on search integrations and if someone searches for "art" we get
10,000 results when we'd really just like 100 max.

https://openlibrary.org/search.json?q=art&limit=100&page=1

We can of course only display 100, but the data still comes back for 10,000
which just hurts performance.

It looks like something is broken with the default parameters. They should
default to something more sensible than returning all the results in a single
batch.

Tom