after doing a lot of research, i ended up using products from
raamaudio.com/<http://www.raamaudio.com/> his
products seem to fit the bill for sound deadening with a decent price and
had good reviews in the car audio forums. i used double layer of rammatt
inside my cab, followed by a double layer of ensolite foam and then carpet
on the floor. for the doors i have full size door panels, so i was able to
use a sinlgle layer of rammatt and ensolite on my whole door. i also used
lots of small pieces of rammatt to cover most of the outer skin of the
doors. i only used a single layer of ensolite foam under the headliner. the
rammatt is self adhesive butyl, ensolite needed to be glued down. i see he
offers self adhesive ensolite now. i also had the bottom of my cab and the
back inside the cab sprayed with rhino liner bed liner.

my truck has been on the road 3 yrs and 20,000 miles with no failures or
delaminations. it does keep the sound down, but nothing will eliminate road
or engine noise, that's what the volume control on the stereo is for. i
still get a lot of wind noise from my doors at 80 mph.

i'd be leery of anything off of ebay. a lot of those guys buy the peel n
stick roofing membrane from home depot. some say it works, some say it
falls off after a year or two. some say it smells like tar, some say it's
not that bad. being the first layer of your interior, i'd rather not have
it fail or smell.