I have used Nate's starting procedure with great success for a long time (step
on the gas twice, pull choke out, stomp). However, I now have two 1939 W1's on
my 216 based on the advice of a guy as old as me saying that the venturis of
later carbs are too big for the amount of vacuum generated by the low
compression 216s. The engine does run MUCH better than when I had two 964's on
it, especially at lower speeds. Now my dilemma...

I use the same starting procedure as before except that due to no kickdown
pawl, I pull the throttle out slightly. Again, fires right up instantly every
time. However, after driving around a bit, if I follow the procedure, with or
without choke, it still starts but rolls over several times before
catching..long enough to scare me a little that it might not start. (I am using
6 volts but shouldn't matter). I have tried every conceivable combination of
choke, throttle and accelerator pedal action and the results are pretty much
the same. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roy
'51 3600