On 2016-02-29 00:49, Tomasz Paweł Gajc wrote:
Hi,

i've made a short list of blockers for BETA release:

1. Broken dependencies - i586 -> 78 x86_64 -> 84
You can see them by installing urpm-repoclosure and running this command
urpm-repoclosure
--hdlist=http://abf-downloads.openmandriva.org/cooker/repository/x86_64/main/release/media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz

change x86_64 to i586 in above link to see broken deps on 32 bit

The numbers look even worse today, but the actual situation is better than the numbers imply. Looks like abf doesn't delete old packages that were imported from abf.io (because we had no way to sync the database), so repoclosure screams about e.g. llvm 3.7 dependencies in creduce-2.4.0-1 even though creduce-2.4.0-2 (which has been adapted to llvm 3.8) is already there.
I'll build a script to take care of that sort of thing.

Also, some of the stuff it complains about is really obscure stuff that should really move to contrib (e.g. directfb - while I've fixed it, the upstream project doesn't even exist anymore).

Imho it is high time to release BETA. At the end of this week we should
release BETA with a great announcement, that will resume all the hard work we
did for Lx 3 release.

Agreed. We need to make sure people get the message that this is not "yet another boring distro release".

ttyl
bero