> As for the reversal of testing updates; mechanisms exist in urpmi for doing
> this but what does not exist any more (at least from my brief exploration) is
> any are tha logs of what has been installed and from what repo it originated.
> I'm pretty sure I recall that urpmi used to log changes to the system in a
> seperate log restoring this whould allow the use of some basic shell scripts
> to allow dodgy updates to be reversed.

Hi,
AFAIK (I'm very far from being an expert), the logs are recorded in
the rpm DBs here: /var/lib/rpm
There is also a log DB here: /var/lib/rpm/log/ (I cannot read it using
the db tools)

After an update, the replaced packages can be shown with
  rpm -q --blink package_name
For example:

rpm -q --blink samba-libs
samba-libs-4.3.12-0.1.x86_64.rpm
        <= samba-libs-4.3.6-0.1.x86_64.rpm

It should be possible to write a script using it in conjunction with
 rpm -q --last
or
 urpmi.recover --list 'delay'