Hi Linwood,

when you delete a host it is just removed from monitoring core config.
You've to delete historic data yourself.

As long as a host with the same name is configured later and historic
data (e.g. PNP, but also log entries in core logfile or similar) has
not been deleted the new host will inherit such data.

Personally I use a cron job running once a week which deletes PNP
folders and files of hosts/services not existing any more (if files
have been accessed more than 30 days ago) and keep historic log data.

Regards,
Marcel