On Fri, 16 Sep 2016, Ergi Thanasko wrote:

Given the hardware that we have and the zpool performance, we expected to see some serious data transfer rates however we only see around 200-300MB/sec average using rsync or copy paste over NFS. Standard MTU 1500 and nfs block size. I want to ask the community

Are these read rates or write rates? Read rates should be able to come close to pool or wire limits. Write rates over NFS are primarily dominated by latency on a per-writer basis.

Increasing the MTU to 9k has been shown to improve throughput quite a lot for large transfers.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn