17 сентября 2016 г. 2:37:12 CEST, Ergi Thanasko <ergi.thana...@avsquad.com>
пишет:
>no that is even slower, just rsync over mounted  nfs, a multithreaded
>rsync does work have better performance.
>
>[cid:449A210A-451D-40E1-97EA-98BA5E7FA558@fios-router.home]
>
>On Sep 16, 2016, at 5:24 PM, Dale Ghent
><da...@omniti.com<mailto:da...@omniti.com>> wrote:
>
>Are you doing the rsync over ssh? You might want to look into using
>HPN-SSH:
>
>https://www.psc.edu/index.php/hpn-ssh
>
>/dale
>
>On Sep 16, 2016, at 1:43 PM, Ergi Thanasko <ergi.thana...@avsquad.com>
>wrote:
>
>Hi all,
>We have a a few servers  conected via 10g nic  LACP, some of them have
>4nic and some have 6nic in a link aggregation mode. We been moving a
>lot of data around and we are trying to get the maximum performance. I
>have seen zpool can deliver  2-3GB accumulated  throughput. Iperf does
>about 600-800MB/sec between those two servers.
>Given  the hardware that we have and the zpool performance,   we
>expected   to see some serious data transfer rates  however we only see
>around 200-300MB/sec average  using rsync or copy paste over NFS.
>Standard MTU 1500 and nfs block size.  I want to ask the community what
>to do get some higher throughout and the application level. I hear ZFS
>send/receive   or ZFS shadow does work faster but it does snapshots.
>Out data (Terabytes) is constantly evolving   and we prefer something
>in the nature of rsync  but to utilize the network hardware.
>
>If Anyone has a hardware setup that can see 1GB/sec  throughput  and
>does not mind sharing?
>Any software  that  use multithreads  sessions to move data around  zfs
>friendly? We do not mind getting going with a commercial solution like
>camvault or veeam if they work.
>
>Thank you for your time

Note that with rsync over nfs (or any seemingly local FS) your sender spawns a
recipient process which must also read the existing data to see what
differences rsync should transfer. So over your links you read the entirety of
data from remote host, and send something back. Unless your other side has a
pathologically weak cpu (think hobby ARM board), you gotta be faster off with
real networked rsync (native or rsh/ssh etc.), where sender and recipient run
on respective hosts and process the bulk of data locally.

Also NFS I/O by design defaults to synchronous writes, so forfeits
write-caching (with ZFS you can have ZIL on SSD to mitigate that performance
impact and keep data security guarantees); some other OSes pretend they are
fast by ignoring the sync requirement, and then you have fun times after a
crash, failover etc. of the NFS server side.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android