11 октября 2016 г. 21:58:48 CEST, Martin Waldenvik <walden...@gmx.com> пишет:
>On 10/11/2016 09:14 PM, Dan McDonald wrote:
>> Dumb question - is your FreeBSD frame size jumbo?
>>
>> Also, try this on OmniOS:
>>
>> ipadm set-prop -p send_buf=1048576 tcp
>> ipadm set-prop -p recv_buf=1048576 tcp
>>
>> And see if that helps if the frame size isn't smaller on OmniOS.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone (typos, autocorrect, and all)
>>
>>> On Oct 11, 2016, at 1:53 PM, Martin Waldenvik <walden...@gmx.com>
>wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on a problem I have. I'm
>using lftp sftp a lot and it is very slow.  I can work around that
>sometimes by using another server. But I am also using zrep (using ssh)
>to replicate my pool to a backup server. This is also slow. Transfer is
>about 40 megabyte (omnios  to omnios). When doing this on freebsd it is
>about 100 megabyte and it saturates my gigabit link (freebsd to
>freebsd). Same hardware.
>>>
>>> I'm using the latest Omios LTS release and openssh. Is there any way
>to speed this up on Omnios?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Martin

>Hi Dan
>
>Thanks for your input. I have had this problem for a long time, then i
>thought is was the old SunSSH but the problem seems to persist with
>OpenSSH.
>
>I have not touched the frame size, the only thing i have is LACP with
>L3,L4. Intel NIC on a supermicro board.
>
>Tried to set send and recv buffer but there was no difference. It's
>about the same speed with both sending and recieving ~40-45M/s.
>
>I have found that zrep is simple enough for me that manually replicates
>
>my system on an irregular basis. Maybe there is something that simple
>around that works with netcat.
>
>Regards
>Martin

Does this problem hit any ssh transfers, or in particular zfs send/recv? The
latter is known to be bursty and benefits a lot from caching by mbuffer on at
least one side of the link.

Also for curiosity, did you try the hpc ssh patches (build your own), and/or
reduced-security protocols (arcfour), and/or inline compression (ssh -z or
explicit gzip/gzcat in the pipe)?

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android