On Thu, 22 Jun 2017, Schweiss, Chip wrote:

I'm talking about an offline pool.   I started this thread after rebooting
a server that is part of an HA pair. The other server has the pools
online.  It's been over 4 hours now and it still hasn't completed its disk
scan.

Every tool I have that helps me locate disks, suffers from the same insane
command timeout to happen many times before moving on.   Operations that
typically take seconds blow up to hours really fast because of a few dead
disks.

You forgot to describe your storage topology and the type of drives (SAS/SATA) involved.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn