On August 27, 2017 3:43:53 PM GMT+02:00, Bob Friesenhahn
<bfrie...@simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
>On Sat, 26 Aug 2017, Jim Oltman wrote:
>
>> I rebooted then on bootup received an error about /usr mount fatally
>> failed.  I was able to boot to the previous BE.  I tried the update
>again
>> and received the same bootadm error as above.  I'm not sure where to
>go
>> from here.  Hope someone can help.  Thanks!
>
>Make sure that you did not split /usr into its own filesystem outside
>of the root filesystem.  OmniOS is not prepared for that.  I made this
>mistake before.
>
>Bob

Or if you did - make sure the new system is prepared to handle this.

My system layout managed by scripts below went through several OmniOS upgrades
(finally to Bloody CE) just fine. It ain't every year that something has to be
re-patched with them.

https://github.com/jimklimov/illumos-splitroot-scripts

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Android