Hi everyone,

After Oracle has laid off the core Solaris developers, I'm writing an
article for https://itsfoss.com about the various
OpenSolaris-based/Illumos-based distributions.

I've already heard about OmniOS previously and wanted to mention it as
the de-facto Illumos server distribution.
However while doing some researches, I found that article:

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/04/25/oracle_free_solaris_project_stops/

Here is the headline:
"""
Development of OmniOS – an Oracle-free open-source variant of Solaris –
is being killed after five years of work.
"""

The author then reports several quotes from OmniTI chief executive
Robert Treat to support that assertion.
On the other hand, by what I saw on the mailing list the project _seems_
still to be active.

Could you give more informations about the current state of the project?

Thanks in advance for your time,
- Sylvain

-- -- Sylvain Leroux -- Yes, I Know IT ! -- sylv...@yesik.it --
https://yesik.it -- -- Follow me on Twitter! --