Hi,

We are replicating snapshots from a Nexenta system to an OmniOS system. Nexenta
calls this feature autosync. While they say it is only 100% supported between
nexenta systems, we managed to get it working with OmniOS too. It's Not rocket
science. But there is one big problem. In the autosync job on the Nexenta
system one can specify how many snaps to keep local on the nexenta and how many
to keep on the target system. Somehow we always have the same amount of snaps
on both systems. Autosync always cleans all snaps on the dest that don't exist
on the source. I contacted nexenta support and they told me that this is due to
different versions of zfs send and zfs recv. There should be a -K  flag, that
instructs the destination to not destroy snapshots that don't exist on the
source. Is such a flag available in OmniOS? I assume the flag is set on the
sending side so that the receiving side has to understand it.

Best Regards,

Oliver

[cid:Logo_Telespazio_180_px_signature_eng_b58fa623-e26d-4116-9230-766adacfe55e1111111111111.png]

Oliver Weinmann
Head of Corporate ICT

Telespazio VEGA Deutschland GmbH
Europaplatz 5 - 64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Ph: +49 (0)6151 8257 744 | Fax: +49 (0)6151 8257 799
oliver.weinm...@telespazio-vega.de<mailto:oliver.weinm...@telespazio-vega.de>
www.telespazio-vega.de

Registered office/Sitz: Darmstadt, Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt,
HRB 89231; Managing Director/Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Sigmar Keller