On Wed, 17 Oct 2018, Johan Kragsterman wrote:

; Hi!
;
;
; I'm doing my first experiments with bhyve, and I'm a bit confused by
something in the omniosce site about bhyve:
;
; https://omniosce.org/info/bhyve_kvm_brand.html
;
;
; In the example of configuring a bhyve zone is this:
;
; set zonepath=/data/zone/bhyve
;
; Could someone explain that to me? I mean the pointer to the disk device is
another, so what is this zonepath pointing at and why? Am I just stupid, or
what have I missed...?

It's pointing at the filesystem used for the zone itself; the thing that is
populated when you run `zoneadm -z <zone> install`. For a bhyve zone, this is
just a handful of files and some loopback mounts but the zone needs something
to mount on / during boot.

Andy

--
Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)333 0124 007 | enquir...@citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ