As a modeler, I had challenges with coming late to the game on the Open-O
project (FEB timeframe). Everything was TOSCA based and I didn't have TOSCA
data model experience.
As such, I wasn't able to effectively understand what the "information"
model was.
The barrier to entry was therefore needing to learn TOSCA data modeling
language.
It is unrealistic to assume a data modeler has mastery of all data modeling
languages, encodings, toolsets, etc.  How does a domain expert who is not
in a developer role effectively communicate a set of requirements,
architecture and design to developers? Are we just skipping a design and
architecture phase? How do we capture and document what needs to be built,
before building it? I definitely support an agile iterative approach to all
of this.