From: onap-tsc-boun...@lists.onap.org [mailto:onap-tsc-boun...@lists.onap.org]
On Behalf Of SULLIVAN, BRYAN L
Sent: Thursday, June 1, 2017 3:36 AM
To: KLUGER, YOAV <yoav.klu...@amdocs.com>; onap-...@lists.onap.org;
onap-discuss <onap-discuss@lists.onap.org>
Subject: Re: [onap-tsc] Call for vCPE VNFs proposals

I recommend that any available open source implementations of these VNFs also
be included. I am aware of several potential VNFs as used in the R-CORD
project, and as being collected through the similar ODL VCO (Virtualized
Central Office) project. These are being collected and assessed for deployment
on OPNFV reference platforms as part of the proposed "Edge" project:
https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/PROJ/Multi-Access+Edge intended to expand
reference VNF options for edge-focused service deployments such as residential
broadband. As a part of this project we will also be building reference
blueprints (TOSCA based) for these VNFs and orchestrating them using ONAP
components as well as other projects we are currently using for this in OPNFV
(Cloudify, and OpenStack Tacker).

OPNFV is acquiring the necessary hardware (e.g. OLT devices) to have a
fully-functional edge-focused lab environment in which to complete this
integration. I'll add the related info to the ONAP wiki as the usability of the
open source VNFs becomes clear.

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T