From: onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org
[mailto:onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of Williams, Marcus
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 5:33 PM
To: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: [onap-discuss] [sdnc] Meeting Minutes/Synchronous Communication Method?

SDNC Project,

1.            Are meeting minutes available for the weekly and one off SDNC
meetings? In other open source communities it is standard practice to produce
meeting minutes so that discussions/decisions are public record and to
demonstrate openness. Not to mention that they are also useful for those out on
PTO, as I was recently. Often these minutes are taken using IRC bots and this
is a collaborative effort with many members of the project helping keep the
minutes. I believe we have collabot available in the #onap-meeting IRC channel.
For meetings I'm able to attend, I volunteer to start keeping minutes using
collabot if there are no objections or other suggestions. When meetings are
finished all that's required is an email to the list with link to minutes
created through collabot (see
http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/onap-meeting/2017/onap-meeting.2017-07-11-14.07.html)

2.            Is there a preferred synchronous communication method for SDNC
Project? This is helpful when conferring about patches, discussing issues in
real-time and creating a community around a project. In other open source
communities IRC is used. I've created an #onap-sdnc IRC channel for this
purpose, but have heard in the past that some cannot use IRC due to proxy
issues.

TOM: Thanks for setting up the channel. I was going to do that but forgot. I
did setup a mailing list for the project that I will send instructions about in
my next message.

--Tom

Thanks,
Marcus Williams
IRC @ mgkwill
Network Software Engineer
Intel Corp. - DataCenter Network Solutions Group

<https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer>