>From the call today we seemed to converge on:

*         Current ONAP platform (R1) may have some redundant/overlapping
management interfaces towards VNFs

*         Requiring support for redundant/ overlapping interfaces burdens the
VNF developers and risks fracturing the market.

*         ONAP architecture may not resolve this in R1, but should address it
over future releases

*         [VNFRQTS] VNF Requirements components  need for some branching
structure to allow for various options in the mgmt material.

In considering  how to structure the branching within the requirements, it is
important to note:

*         that we are tasked with developing an integrated set of requirements
(ie. open-o vs ecomp distinctions should be removed as much as possible)

*         we need to support the Release 1 E2E use cases.

I would propose we structure the mgmt. section around the generic operations
that all VNFs are required to perform for the Release 1 Use cases. Looking at
the R1 Use cases, I came up with the following table.
TSC Use Case

VNFs identified in TSC Use case

VNF operations in R1 Use cases

Use Case: Residential Broadband
<https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3246168&src=contextnavpagetreemode>

vCPE<https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3246168&src=contextnavpagetreemode>

(Approved)<https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3246168&src=contextnavpagetreemode>

vBNG, vG_MUX, vG,  vAAA, vDHCP, vDNS

VNF Onboarding
VNF Instantiation
VNF Activation
VNF Configuration (initial)

Use Case: vFW/vDNS
(Approved)<https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3246170&src=contextnavpagetreemode>

vFW, vPacketGenerator, vDataSink, vDNS, vLoadBalancer,
all VPP based.

VNF Onboarding
VNF Instantiation
VNF Configuration (initial)
VNF Auto Healing (Auto Reboot)

Use Case:
VoLTE(approved)<https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6593603&src=contextnavpagetreemode>

vSBC, vPCSCF, vSPGW, vPCRF, VI/SCSCF, vTAS, VHSS, vMME

VNF Onboarding
VNF Instantiation
VNF Autoscaling
VNF Termination

So I would suggest we start with Management  subsections around  each of these
operations:

*         VNF Onboarding

*         VNF Instantiation

*         VNF Activation

*         VNF Configuration (initial)

*         VNF Auto Healing (Auto Reboot)

*         VNF Autoscaling

*         VNF Termination

And then do any further branching below that.

best regards
Steven Wright, MBA, PhD, JD.
[Tech Integration]
AT&T Services Inc.