Original Mail

Sender:  <ctpaterson+o...@gmail.com>
To:  <spat...@research.att.com>
CC:  <onap-discuss@lists.onap.org>
Date: 2017/08/01 23:31
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [aai] API Integration with MSB

Agreed, and if I read this thread right, the SSL only goes to the gateway -
after that, the traffic between the gateway and all services is unencrypted
(Huabing, did I understand that right?).  Not sure how viable this would be
within a carrier.

Huabing: Yes and no, the traffic between the gateway and all services can be
encrypted with SSL as well, but it need the support of the services.

Cheers.

On 31 July 2017 at 10:34, SPATSCHECK, OLIVER  (OLIVER)
<spat...@research.att.com> wrote:

 > On Jul 31, 2017, at 10:15 AM  EDT, zhaohuab...@gmail.com wrote:
 >
 > Currently, only one-way SSL is supported.

 As this is probably the best we can do for R1 we should track this as a
shortcoming. Even internally one-way SSL is generally not considered to be
carrier grade security.

 Oliver