From: BULLARD, GIL
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2017 3:54 PM
To: 'Kang Xi' <kang...@huawei.com>; 'onap-discuss@lists.onap.org'
<onap-discuss@lists.onap.org>; DAUGHERTY, ROBERT E <rd4...@att.com>; KLUGER,
YOAV <yoav.klu...@amdocs.com>; TIMONEY, DAN <dt5...@att.com>; CHOMA, JOHN S
<jc1...@att.com>; SHAH, SARYU D <ss3...@att.com>; MOHAPATRA, SANJEETA
<sm1...@att.com>; MONTELEONE, CHRISTINA <cm3...@att.com>
Cc: ZINNIKAS, MICHAEL J <mz2...@att.com>
Subject: RE: [integration][so] vCPE workflow discussion

Team,
I talked with Yoav who had some good suggestions on how to minimize the
departure from "reality" with the introduction of the Allotted Resource model
for a BRG and solve the A&AI problem I mentioned before.  I won't get a chance
to update my slides before I leave for vacation, but here are the highlights of
the changes:

1)      Slide 4, the vCpeResCust model, remains as I have shown it on the most
recent deck on the wiki link below.
2)      Slide 40, however, will change in the following ways:
a.      In the Release 1 "Alt" flow, SDNC will continue to create a PNF object
in A&AI as I had showed before.  However, this PNF object will not be
associated with the vCpeResCust service, nor will it appear in the vCpeResCust
service model (hence no changes to slide 4).  Nor will it in fact be associated
with any Service object in Release 1.  SDNC will continue to write both the MAC
Address and WAN IP to this PNF object.
b.      I found out the A&AI PNF object doesn't have a MAC Address attribute.
Nor does the P-Interface object.  Only the L-Interface object has a MAC
Address. This seems strange to Yoav and I since for a PNF the MAC Address it
seems really should be associated with a P-Interface, and not only with an
L-Interface.
i.      Christina, can we get A&AI to add MAC Address to P-Interface?
c.      SDNC will search A&AI for BRGs by searching for PNFs such that that MAC
Address appears on a P-Interface of that PNF.
i.      Christina, can we get A&AI to support such a search in R1?
3)      Slide 45 will change in the following ways:
a.      SO will pass the BRG_WAN_MAC_Address to SDNC with the "Assign" for the
BRG Allotted Resource.
b.      As part of "Assign" processing for the BRG AR, SDNC will search A&AI by
MAC Address for the BRG PNF with that MAC address (see query above).  SDNC will
obtain the WAN IP from the associated PNF.  In effect, SDNC will be treating
the A&AI PNF object as the "pool" from which to assign the WAN IP for that
Allotted Resource object.
c.      Yoav makes a good point that, for an Allotted Resource that consumes an
entire VNF (as in this case), the Allotted Resource doesn't really need to be
"created"; rather it pre-exists with the VNF instantiation.  He suggests
therefore that the "Create" operation on the AR be a "no-op" and the "Activate"
operation  be what drives the configuration of the vBRG_EMU VNF.
i.      John C, Dan T, do you agree?
ii.     Dan T, for an Allotted Resource that consumes the entire VNF, should
the WAN IP that is used to configure that Allotted Resource be modeled on the
(parent) VNF object or the Allotted Resource object, or both?  Depending on the
answer here, perhaps in "3b" above SDNC should also update the WAN IP on the
corresponding vBRG_EMU VNF object?

Yoav, please feel free to add anything that I might have missed.

I will update the slides to reflect these changes on Tuesday when I return.
Have a great weekend all!
Gil