From: JI, LUSHENG (LUSHENG) [mailto:l...@research.att.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 3:53 PM
To: Andrew Fenner; Pawłowski Michał 1 - Korpo; RATH, CHRISTOPHER A (CHRISTOPHER
A); GAULD, ANDREW G; LUCAS, JOHN (JACK)
Cc: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [dcae] DCAE GEN2 dependency on Openstack Designate

Thanks Michael and Andrew.

The need of Designate risen from the need of being able to bind multiple
records for a DNS entry via API calling.  The recommendation from our operation
side was to use Designate.

Within ONAP, the plan is for MultiCloud to mediate (or in the case of Designate
absence from underlying cloud infrastructure, perform) the needed API calls.

I am also adding my colleagues who were more involved in the Designate decision
for their comments.

@Andrew F, my apologies I missed your email last week (found it after seeing
your mentioning of it below).  I will respond in a separate email.

Thanks,
Lusheng