From: onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org
[mailto:onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of OBRIEN, FRANK MICHAEL
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 9:07 AM
To: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] vFW Demo Stack Create Fails with ""Message: No
valid host was found. There are not enough hosts available., Code: 500""

Going through this issue this morning with some of you - it looks like we have
a couple questions that we will get answers for in the noon meeting

  1.  Do we use the older vFW template or the new split vFWCL template with the
PORTAL-409 fix from the 4th nov - or both
>> if you want to demonstrate closed loop then yes you have to use the new two
>> VNF service version vFWCL. You also need to name the vnf/vf correctly if I
>> remember correctly. See Pam's notes.

  1.  Does the ssh key in the older vFW still get overridden by any sdc
distribute override
>> It should but we have been using the SDNC Preload which over rides the
>> parameters in the .env file if you include the public key in the SDNC
>> preload.

  1.  Does the ssh key we manually add at design time to the vFWCL env(2) files
get overridden by any override in SDC distribute as well
>> parameters in the .env get over ridden if they are provide either in the VID
>> interface or in the SDNC preload. If you look closely at the vnfadapter logs
>> in SO with debug turned on you can see the debug statements where SO is
>> creating the paramters that get added to the openstack create stack call and
>> that list of parameters over ride any matching parametres in the .env file.
>> It is subtle logging messages so its easy to miss and you need debug turned
>> on.

  1.  I would expect any default key in the env to work out of the box otherwise
>> I thought the default .env in gerrit had things like "PUT YOUR KEY HERE"
>> which would be over ridden by the preload data unless a differnt .env was
>> used (which is probably what you said but I might have parsed the sentence
>> worn)

Observation: the vFW sink on Integration SB-00 on 10.12.6.60 works (no closed
loop yet via (dcae/policy/appc) and generates the :667 graph in a curl/browser
- so we have a good target

I tried getting into this one with the default key but I don't know whether it
was generated by 1 or 2 or SDC overridden

In cases where the private and assigned IPs are still not accessible - even
from robot - attach a 3rd floating ip - as the vFW has its own subnet.

>>> the heat template shiould have a port ,net/subnet for the external network
>>> setup already ? that are parameters into the heat template.

These questions are on top of the other ones we will verify (preload via
robot/post or both, appc mount via robot/post or both)

Basically, we should have some documentation on these today/this week as we
finish with the distribute step

See you later at 1200EDT.

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Vetted+vFirewall+Demo+-+Full+draft+how-to+for+F2F+and+ReadTheDocs<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wiki.onap.org_display_DW_Vetted-2BvFirewall-2BDemo-2B-2D-2BFull-2Bdraft-2Bhow-2Dto-2Bfor-2BF2F-2Band-2BReadTheDocs&d=DwMFAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=e3d1ehx3DI5AoMgDmi2Fzw&m=CYGn1BzWltIXukWgbtK6yyVq_JLwkMBcSpXAdfoe8x8&s=8ulGj0p5vF-NZ73ZwpmX6jscrQ70cEF6M2SkRNugtYE&e=>

/michael