Hi,

Some answers inline.

Thanks,
Alexis

> On Dec 6, 2017, at 8:34 AM, Gaurav Gupta (c) <guptagau...@vmware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All , Michal , Alexis
>
> We are into 2 very distinct issues while trying vDNS Demo on OOM .
>
> issue 1 - kubectl
>                      post following below information .
>  1. curl -LO
> https://storage.googleapis.com/kubernetes-release/release/v1.7.0/bin/linux/amd64/kubectl
>
> <https://storage.googleapis.com/kubernetes-release/release/v1.7.0/bin/linux/amd64/kubectl>
>   2. chmod +x ./kubectl
>   3. mv kubectl /usr/local/bin
>    4 setting up config in ~/.kube/config
>
> 5.     while running kubectl cluster-info an dump
>
> oot@k8s-node-0-30a414d1-5a13-41a5-a15a-5970f7fb74ed:~/.kube# kubectl
> cluster-info dump
> Unable to connect to the server: dial tcp 10.110.208.207:443: i/o timeout
>
> root@k8s-node-0-30a414d1-5a13-41a5-a15a-5970f7fb74ed:~/.kube# kubectl
> cluster-info
> Kubernetes master is running at https://10.110.208.207:443/
> <https://10.110.208.207/>
AdT: I’m not sure to understand the issue been raised here. Can you clarify?

> issue 2 - We pulled 2 esr dockers manually  inside our OOM deployment .
> However the new dockers are not getting listed in kubectl commands .  So,
> essentially these containers dont have any specific IP address attached to
> them along with the port.
>
>   questions
>                  -  Are we missing something - I mean is this even valid
> operation in OOM ?  .

AdT: Pulling docker images and starting them will not make them appear in
Kubernetes UI. For that, you need to create Kubernetes manifests defining the
deployment, e.g. how the docker container should looks like (port, entrypoint,
volume, pre-conditions, …) and the service, exposing the ports defined in the
deployment to the external world (when using NodePort).