Hi Alexis,

        I think it would be better to clarify that: proxy the DNS Designate
requests is the enhanced feature by MultiCloud to federate services from
different underlying VIM instances. In ONAP Amsterdam release it has been
implemented to support both vanilla OpenStack Ocata (and Newton as well, not
tested yet) and Titanium Cloud, and more to come in future releases. I had
tested with vanilla OpenStack Ocata and it works well.

        To utilize it , the consumer presuppose that the MultiCloud services
are ready and the VIM instances are registered. So for DCAEgen2 which has been
the actually consumer in ONAP Amsterdam release, the bootstrap VM did this part
, the VIM instance information (both underlying OpenStack and the proxied one
which exposes Designate services) are passed in by HEAT template/environment
file. I believe  OOM can support this in similar way.

        This federation can be designed/implemented in various way but why it
was designed/implemented  is that MultiCloud do the federation and the
consumers will be transparent with regards who provides DNSaaS services.

BTW,    I do think it will be valuable that OOM can offer the similar proxy to
DNS designate, I would like to share our experiences.

Best Regards,
Bin Yang,    Solution Readiness Team,    Wind River
Direct +86,10,84777126    Mobile +86,13811391682    Fax +86,10,64398189
Skype: yangbincs993