From: onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org
[mailto:onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of Alexis de Talhouët
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:16 AM
To: Kumar Skand Priya, Viswanath V <viswanath.kumarskandpr...@verizon.com>
Cc: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [oom] Question on DCAE deployment using OOM

Hi,

Let’s clarify one thing, OOM is the medium to deploy ONAP. DCAE doesn’t provide
a way to be deployed in Kubernetes for now, hence OOM is not able to do this.

What OOM does is create the HEAT stack in OpenStack, HEAT stack that will
create a VM running the dcae-boostrap container, which will then deploy the
whole DCAE. OOM has created a wrapper on top of this so one can seamlessly
deploy ONAP using OOM, as it’s done with HEAT. Please see the attachment here:
https://jira.onap.org/browse/OOM-508 explaining the implementation.

DCAE team and OOM team are working together to see how we can migrate DCAE
components into Kubernetes deployment/services.  That work is still in
progress, and I don’t have a clear view of the timeline for completion. Until
this is done, ONAP will still requires a VIM to deploy DCAE.

Thanks,
Alexis

On Jan 31, 2018, at 2:17 AM, Kumar Skand Priya, Viswanath V via onap-discuss