From: onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org
[mailto:onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of Kanagaraj Manickam
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2018 10:24 AM
To: onap-helpd...@rt.linuxfoundation.org; Subhash Kumar Singh
Cc: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [ONAP Helpdesk #52163] snapshot vs release repo

[subject modified]

Dear Jess,

We (CLI team) also faces the mvn dependency issue on unavailability of Beijing
artifacts under ‘release’ repository as all the Beijing nexus artifacts are
under snapshot repo.

IMHO,  I would be more appropriate to update all projects Jenkins job to refer
the 'snapshot' repository untill, we (all projects) are ready to make the
release candidate (RC) version in Beijing, which will be delivered under
'release' repository. Reason here is, if we deliver the unstable snapshot
artifacts under 'release' repository then
  - it gives wrong meaning to the end customer, who will always look at the
'release' repository as stable one and
  - we will contradict with the purpose of existence of nexus repos snapshot vs
release.

But I am not sure about other project's PTL opinion about this issue. As this
issue affects all projects, it would help to arrive solution quickly, by
listing this issue as discussion topic in PTL meeting/TSC meeting. Kindly help.
Thank you.

Regards
Kanagaraj M
-------------------------------------
Be transparent! Win together !!

本邮件及其附件含有华为公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person  or entity whose address is listed above.
Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not
limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by
persons other than the intended recipient(s) is  prohibited. If you receive
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately
and delete it!

Regards
Kanagaraj M