From: <onap-discuss-boun...@lists.onap.org> on behalf of "Bochenski, Piotr
(Nokia - PL/Wroclaw)" <piotr.bochen...@nokia.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 3:49 AM
To: Kang Xi <kang...@huawei.com>, "PLATANIA, MARCO (MARCO)"
<plata...@research.att.com>, "FREEMAN, BRIAN D" <bf1...@att.com>
Cc: onap-discuss <onap-discuss@lists.onap.org>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [integration] INT-261: Add standard utilities to
all dockers (vim, ping, nslookup)

Hi,

In my opinion it's not a good idea to install anything at runtime - for
example, this causes troubles on environments that are cut off the internet or
behind massive corporate firewalls (like the one that my team uses).

For proper solution I would recommend something like this:
* We create 2 ONAP "base" images - one for production and another one for
development and testing (with mentioned tools included)
* We switch the base image during the build

This would require additional work, but will result in much "cleaner" solution
:)

What do you think?

Best Regards / Pozdrawiam

Piotr Bocheński

Software Development Engineer

MN MANO SOAM 1 R&D WRO 7 (ONAP)

West Gate (Lotnicza 12, 54-155 Wrocław, Poland)

mobile: +48 734 103 812