From: Yunxia Chen [mailto:helen.c...@huawei.com]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2018 10:57 AM
To: Yang, Bin; Seshu m; Sonsino, Ofir; TIMONEY, DAN; PUTHENPURA, SARAT (SARAT)
Cc: FREEMAN, BRIAN D; Christopher Donley (Chris); Stephen Terrill; Hellmann,
Gil; Zhang, Xiaohua; onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: Re: Issue to be resolved: Consistent Representation and Identification
of a cloud region in ONAP

HI, Bin,
Very good idea. I will add that in this week’s integration meeting:
https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=6593670

Regards,

Helen Chen

From: "Yang, Bin" <bin.y...@windriver.com<mailto:bin.y...@windriver.com>>
Date: Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 6:12 PM
To: Seshu m <seshu.kuma...@huawei.com<mailto:seshu.kuma...@huawei.com>>,
"Sonsino, Ofir" <os0...@intl.att.com<mailto:os0...@intl.att.com>>, "TIMONEY,
DAN" <dt5...@att.com<mailto:dt5...@att.com>>, Helen Chen 00725961
<helen.c...@huawei.com<mailto:helen.c...@huawei.com>>, "PUTHENPURA, SARAT
(SARAT)" <sa...@research.att.com<mailto:sa...@research.att.com>>
Cc: "FREEMAN, BRIAN D" <bf1...@att.com<mailto:bf1...@att.com>>, "Christopher
Donley (Chris)"
<christopher.don...@huawei.com<mailto:christopher.don...@huawei.com>>, Stephen
Terrill <stephen.terr...@ericsson.com<mailto:stephen.terr...@ericsson.com>>,
"Hellmann, Gil"
<gil.hellm...@windriver.com<mailto:gil.hellm...@windriver.com>>, "Zhang,
Xiaohua" <xiaohua.zh...@windriver.com<mailto:xiaohua.zh...@windriver.com>>,
onap-discuss <onap-discuss@lists.onap.org<mailto:onap-discuss@lists.onap.org>>
Subject: Issue to be resolved: Consistent Representation and Identification of
a cloud region in ONAP

Hello Seshu, Dan, Helen, Sarat,
and those are concerned on Representation and Identification of a cloud region
in ONAP,

               The expanding to multiple clouds is a key metric for success of
ONAP, and you might already be aware the fact that: With ONAP Amsterdam
release, it is kind of tricky and error prone to onboard a new cloud region
into ONAP for the end-to-end test cases.
I had learned that fact and got plenty help from this community during setting
up a demo of using ONAP to orchestrate the Clearwater vIMS across 2 cloud
regions. So I posted the workarounds on wiki:
https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=25431491
               At the same time, I had presented this issue and the short term
workaround and long term solution to ONAP community during both VF2F meeting
and ONAP Arch meeting.  I got suggestion from Chris Donley and Stephen that we
need figure out if it is possible to fix that in Beijing release. So that is
why I come to you and wondering if I can get your kindly support. The summary
of issue and the solutions can be found at wiki:
https://wiki.onap.org/download/attachments/25429038/HowToAddNewCloudRegionAndThoughts.pdf?version=2&modificationDate=1520214136460&api=v2

To highlight what the issue is and what the help is expected from your teams:
               1, There are multiple places to represent a single cloud region
and inconsistent identification of a cloud region makes it is hard to onboard a
new cloud region
               2, The short term workaround places another constraint on the
“cloud-owner”, while the long term solution impose the API changes between
VID/SO/SDNC, and perhaps OOF as well.

Please let me know if you can add this as an agenda to your weekly meeting this
week so that I can explain more the details and estimate the possibility to fix
that in Beijing release.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Bin Yang,    Solution Readiness Team,    Wind River
Direct +86,10,84777126    Mobile +86,13811391682    Fax +86,10,64398189
Skype: yangbincs993