Viswa,
   Good questions.
   This discussion is just for the kubernetes side of deploying onap (not the
DCAE heatbridge in amsterdam or running VNFs on openstack – those are outside
the context of the kubernetes deployment for now).

   Currently we deploy VNFs to VMs on openstack – we do not have containerized
VNF’s yet – so the memory requirements are separate.  A simple use case like
the vFW will consume 12G for example outside of where we run K8S.
   For the memory increase you are referring to these questions from Beka?
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/ONAP+on+Kubernetes?focusedCommentId=25439660&refresh=1520778643640#comment-25439660
https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/questions/25439159/onap-memory-leak
   I have not looked into the full cause but SDNC has been having issues since
a refactor in mid Jan – I put an automated restart of the SDNC pod part way
through the CD startup when all dependencies are up.
https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/32653/
   There is a comment on the ueb listener – this is in the amsterdam branch and
not master but may be related.
   We can do a full analysis of the startup and idle behavior of the containers
together.
   I have been noticing the memory footprint enlarging for most of 2018 –
Usually I shutdown vfc to be able to keep room for heaps.
   As to the cause – we are speculating unless we have a baseline from a tool
like New Relic and track the sizes of our java, python and db based images.
Any one or all of these could be demanding more runtime memory based on code
changes across onap.  You would need to track all the projects.
   In kubernetes you can get a snapshot of each container – keep these
periodically and compare this.  Ideally we run ram profiles as part of our
CI/CD pipeline in the future.

   Thank you
   /michael