Hi, I’m sorry you’re having trouble!  My sincere apologies.  I will try to get
this addressed, but I’ll need some information to help me track down and fix
the problem.

First – I believe this is the correct account page, correct?:
  https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/users/2077

I cannot find the corresponding logs that indicate a problem.  Can you give me
the exact date/time where you had the problem?  Or try to reproduce it, and
then tell me the exact date/time?  I need more information so that I can
reproduce and then fix it.

> And also when I try to sign up a new account for CII, I cannot get the
> account confirmation email.

That one I can explain.  You’ve used your GitHub account to log in, and told us
the email address.  The system doesn’t let you create a “local” account with
the exact same email address.  Internally this causes a “Validation failed:
Email has already been taken” message.  Basically, accounts are of two
*different* kinds: (1) GitHub-based (and you have to talk with GitHub to deal
with authentication issues) or (2) local accounts.

We just had some weird problem from a recent change that should be unrelated,
but perhaps it’s related.  If you can’t repeat the problem, then that probably
*was* the problem and hopefully it will not happen gain.

Thank you for your time!!

--- David A. Wheeler